Tenants
 
Here at Tomato Property we want to do everything we can to ensure that the move to your new home is as trouble free as possible. We do this by using the best practices and employing staff that care.

We know how stressful moving home can be, so we endeavor to take as much of that stress from you as possible.

During your application, we will keep you informed of every step of the process and advise you in a timely manner if any further queries should arise.

After you have moved in, our care does not stop there. In fact it only just starts! We will assist you with any property related issues that may arise during the term of your tenancy. We have even been known to fetch the odd cream cake and newspaper in times of stress. Do you know of any other agent that also sends their tenants birthday cards, sometimes including a gift? (but not all the time)!

Application Fees


Single application - £100
Double application - £200
Additional Adults - £100 (Each)
Guarantor referencing (if required) - £50
Should an application fail due to credit check failure or employment reference failure, 25% of the application fee will be retained by Tomato Property to cover the costs of performing the checks. The remaining 75% of the application fees will be returned.

Fees payable at the end of tenancy/ or tenancy renewal



  • Check Out - £50 (on vacation of property) a check out report is produced.
  • Renewal of term - £50 (to renew after the initial six month term)


The application process

  • Once you have located a property that you would like to view, please either e-mail viewings@tomatoproperty.co.uk or telephone 0115 8820488 to arrange a convenient time.
  • Achieving a successful viewing, a payment of £50 is required to cover the cost of the commencement of your paperwork. This will enable us to reserve the property for you. At this point a provisional move-in date will also be discussed and noted*
  • Tomato Property will e-mail (or post if required) the application form relating to the property. The prospective tenant will then complete/sign and return directly (with the relevant ID). Please ensure that the application is fully completed and that any errors are signed by all parties listed on the agreement.
  • Following a successful credit check (or satisfactory Guarantor agreement with the Landlords sanction) the rest of the application fees will be required. These should be paid directly into our bank account. This can be done online if you have internet banking, or at any Lloyds TSB branch.
  • We can then carry out the rest of the application process. This will involve contacting previous landlords and current employers. This process can take up to a week to complete. This may be achieved sooner depending on how quickly the required information is returned to us.
  • Following satisfactory references, we will then be in a position to draw up the legal paperwork and confirm a moving in date.
  • On the day we hand over the keys, a full inventory/condition report will be supplied. Please check this extremely carefully, as this document will be referred to at any interim inspection thereafter or at the end of your tenancy.
  • Please be sure to note any discrepancies via e-mail or in writing within 48 hours of moving in. This can be assessed and added to your file as required.

*When a prospective tenant/s apply for a property, they will initially pay a holding deposit to allow the initial first stage of the application process to be carried out.

The first stage (only when the application form is fully completed) is the credit check. If at this point the outcome is negative, then the application may be terminated. The holding deposit covers the cost of the credit check and associated administration, and is therefore non refundable. e of the credit check your initial £50 holding deposit will not be returned because of the cost of the check and the administration involved.

Out of Hours

Our telephone number 0115 88 204 88 and our e-mail longeaton@tomatoproperty.co.uk are both constantly monitored. In the event of an out of hours emergency you can contact us via the above. Please also see the ‘Emergency Numbers’ sheet supplied in your welcome pack.

To register your details with us, click here.